5.9.08

Water?


So it’s week two in the new house. Actually, it seems more like the Big Brother house as I have no curtains and I have about 17 windows and all the neighbours can see everything. But that’s not my problem today. I have no problem being watched. Watching me beats T.V. Anyway, no my problem is that last night I ran out of water. Now, you have to understand that if it’s one thing I cherish, more than food, more than clothes, more than winning the lottery is having warm showers and running water. I have two showers a day and I am a fair person who like to compromise where necessary. I do not compromise on showers. That is non-negotiable. So imagine my delight after coming back from the gym to find the water decreasing while I am in the bathtub. I realize there is a drought in Cyprus but it seems to affect mostly me, following me around from apartment to apartment. Why is that? I ask through clenched teeth and soapy hair? Luckily somehow I finished my shower and have not needed to use the toilet… yet. And that is something even I can’t control, and believe me… I am a control freak! If I can organize my bowl movements I would do so.

I called my realtor up and he said to go on the roof and check the water pressure pump or something that sounded like spare parts for a UFO. I didn’t want to tell him that I’m afraid to go on the roof as I might throw myself off it as I becoming more desperate by the minute.

You see dear readers, this has been a very stressful week for me, I am in a bad mood, I have no furniture, I have no internet and therefore no email or blog, I have not had time to go shopping… for food (I am not talking about clothes here people), I am swamped at work, I need a haircut and I want my wax. So the thing I look forward to the most is a shower (warm please) at the end of the day. And that is taken away from me? WTF? Sometimes I feel I should have moved to Israel a long time ago. I bet even in the desert there they won’t have this problem.

So here I am. At work. I have to wait until I finish to go home and check the water-pump pressure thing to see if the water is pressurized or something like that. You want to see pressurized? Come and look at me. If things do not get sorted this afternoon I’m moving to a hippy camp on the Dead Sea. You’ll be receiving this blog from Israel.
Then again I should put things into perspective. Health is the most important thing, and it’s important that we remember that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe werent u supposed to shower at my place? i completely forgot!!