11.9.08

Lycabettus. Not Athens, NICOSIA!


I love my area! It’s like a mini-Athens. And I have to admit that Nicosia can do with a little botox but Lycabettus (Not Athens! Nicosia) is without a doubt the best urban area in our nation’s capital. Don’t believe me? Fine, let’s examine the evidence; there is the university, which means students, which means alcohol and fun. Alcohol = fun and fun = me! Bottom’s up! On Kallipoleos, there is a gym, a DVD club, a phone shop to top up if you need to, a psistaria, a fucking PSISTARIAAAAAAAAAAAA Beeatches! Do you know what that means? It means that I don’t have to cook and that I won’t poison myself. And in like five minutes from the city centre! There is, a coffee shop called Café City, although I called it City Café because I’m fake-high-class-psonara-wannabe, there is a Greek restaurant and, get this, a Chinese restaurant, and ok the traffic is bad, but that’s only because people drive by to see the area because it’s too cool. But the best thing about the area is my apartment block, Sunrise Heights (could the name be any more Beverly Hills?). But the real stars of the area are my neighbours. And I’ll tell you all about them soon. But you’ll have to wait. You don’t expect me to be telling you all the gossip right away now do you?

1 comment:

the bastard; unshaved. said...

Limassol is way better, structurally-wise and urban-wise.
There's everything you need, in less time, less traffic (especially with the new junctions) and people are way more easy-going.

Plus, Limassol = Many Russians = Huge Investments, especially in real estate = better cities.

I'm not a Lemesianos, but I do fall in love with Limassol every time I get to drive along paraliaki. Molos, Yermasogeia, Limanaki, the coming Marina, it's just perfecto.