27.7.08

The truth about Aradipou architechture

DISCLAIMER:
Yesterday I wrote about my friend who wanted to have a threesome in Aradipou and I mentioned that it would probably take place in the bottom of a gutter.

Dear Readers, I was mistaken. One fellow blogger Τσαρτελλούι (whose fun and insightful blog you can find in the link section further down) actually corrected me and said that, although A/pou is still trashy...

'Sex in Aradipou means it 'll be in an ugly-Parthenon-wanna-be-mansion. Ξέρεις, που τζείνα τα τεράστια κακόγουστα κτίσματα με τις κολόνες δωρικού τύπου και τα αετώματα. Στο 2008.'

So there you have it! I don't know what's worse. In a gutter or in an ugly mansion. Personally I wouldn't know what to do first in a house like that. Get laid or redecorate.

But, the reason I made this mistake and said that sex will take place in a gutter instead of a distasteful, ugly mansion with over-the-top Greek columns is because I have only been to Aradipou once, and that is only because I got lost going to the airport. I have only been back in Cyprus for a year and don't know the way. When you end up in Aradipou, you want to get out of there as soon as possible and so I didn't take it all the sites! Who would want to?

Luckily I found the airport, and wanted to board a plane after seeing what A/pou is like. But I just picked up friend and drove the long way round, back to Nicosia.

So thanks again Tsartelloui! You learn something new every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Βασικά είχα υπόψην μου κάτι σαν αυτό:
http://drakouna.blogspot.com/2008/04/1000-exercise.html

το συγκεκριμένο δεν είναι στην Αραδίππου but it soooooo could be!

Όταν αποφάσισα να σπουδάσω αρχιτεκτονική κάποιος άνθρωπος του οποίου η γνώμη έχει μεγάλη σημασία για μένα επροσπάθησε να με μεταπείσει λέγοντας μου:

"Τζιαι τι θα κάμεις αύριο που θα έρτει ο πελάτης ο Αραδιπιώτης τζιαι θα σου ζητήσει να του κάμεις έναν ομοίωμα του Παρθενώνα που να φέρει την υπογραφή σου? Ειδικά όταν είσαι στην αρχή της καριέρας σου τζιαι εν έχεις το περιθώριο να διώχνεις πελάτες?"

Ακόμα τρέμω στην ιδέα.