6.7.08

The Anglo-Cyprian


I’ve been seeing this one random girl, and I don’t know why. She is Anglo-Cyprian, lives in Aradipou (also known as trash-ville) and gets on my nerves and yet I can’t seem to want to dump her. I don’t even like her and yet, I keep seeing her. I think it’s because I’m bored, I’m feeling mean and edgy and want to act like a maniac. Also the things she comes out with, the things she says and does, keeps me mesmerised.

For example, she told me she used to run a club in London but at the same time, she has no clue about any of the bars and clubs in Cyprus. If you worked in a certain industry wouldn’t you know about it? Well no... not her. She is now a property developer. Why does it seem that there are property developers everywhere? And why has it become the fall-back profession? It seems that any random can become a property developers. Even two of my exes and a f-ck-buddy of mine are now property developers. And now this chick is.

So now Ms. Anglo-Cyprian is an ex-bar owner, property developer, in Aradipou is annoying me and I think I like it! Firstly she tries to impress me with all the drugs she’s done. Although I don’t agree with drugs, if you do it keep it to yourself and don’t brag about it.

Then she tells me all about her villa… and all the things she has done by the pool. It’s not gardening that’s for sure! And then she tells me all about her villa, how many rooms, bathrooms and even taps she has in it as if she were selling it to me.

She will then tell me all about her night out, ‘we went out, went nuts, got home at 8am and it was hilarious, and it was great… yadda yadda yadda…’ but the moment I tell her about my night, she shuts up and gets jealous as if I told her about a plan I had for robbing a bank that she disapproved of but also wanted the money I stole.

And then, she constantly has friends over from the UK. ‘Yeah… Stacie and Haley are coming from London innit?’ Really? Are they? Do I care? And so she is using her friends in London to impress me. It doesn’t! And what does that say about her? That she can’t make friends in Cyprus… in Aradipou, which shouldn’t be too hard as Aradipou is Little London.
Anyway, she just text me asking if I want to go to Ammos with her. On a Sunday night. From Nicosia when tomorrow is a work day. If I said yes I wouldn’t be BabyBusinessMan now would I?

No comments: