14.6.08

Why not to say 'I love you'


Saying ‘I love you’ is fine. Saying ‘I love you’ after going out for less than two days is not. If someone says that to you, almost immediately, then you might as well, get out of bed, put your clothes back on and leave him/her there. Then throw your phone into the sea. Get a plane or hitch a ride with a camel and move to outer Mongolia.

Now. I like to think I am pretty amazing. Actually I love to think I am pretty darn amazing. And I love me. I didn’t even know nor did I say ‘I love me’ immediately. It took time for me to get to know me and fall in love with who I am (which as I mentioned a couple of lines up – I’m pretty darn amazing). But sometimes, even I wonder how much (and how) I love me.
Then why the hell do randoms who go I go out with, decide that they are in love with me? Ok, I’m amazing but get to know my amazingness first. Maybe I’m amazing because I am amazed that a) they feel that way and b) they say it so soon!

Pah!

Who says I love you so quickly? I haven’t even said I love you to my email account. And we’d been together since 1999! Its 2008 now!
Of course I do love my email account – but I’d never say it. I’d rather email!

When I ex said ‘I love you’ I didn’t know what to say. I smiled and we kissed. Then I realized I was in love with her. But still I didn’t say anything.
It ended two days later. And that’s the problem, whoever says ‘I love you’ first has the power ironically because they will realise that you are not the ultimate dream come true but a living, breathing, neurotic, control-freak of a human; who also has needs and exists in real-time not in dream-time.

Now when anyone says I love you I either reply by say ‘no you don’t.’ Then pause for a second. And then I say ‘because you only just met me…’
Other times when they say ‘I love you’ I say ‘yeah. So do I. I love me too.’ That just makes them love me more.

Until it’s over.

Luckily I have my email account. I can always find solace in that.

No comments: