18.11.08

Vain? Me?


The other day someday called me a narcissist. Deciding to take this as a compliment rather than an insult I asked for him to expand upon what he meant, because I like it when people tell me how amazing I am even if they are lies; I pretend they are real. Instead of telling me why I looked good he sent me the Wiki link on Narcissus instead. This hardly inflated my ego – which is what I would have liked. But I decided to admit to myself that I can look rather stunning. I’d like to think I am a model; more of a model citizen (not while driving though) rather than a Gucci model, but these are mere details.
I like my style. I dress well and smartly. I don’t wear uber-expensive clothes but somehow I can pull off a particular look. I have been criticised for this, for some reason – I really can’t understand why – it’s not like wear outlandish attire. I think people should applaud personal style which mirrors personality. I knew this guy who tried too much to be original that he wore a bunch of black bracelets on one arm, some kind of leather thing on the other, ripped jeans and had a shaved head. He looked ridiculous. And did not look good. He achieved nothing by looking like a high-class beggar.
My look is me. I wear shirts well and so I wear a lot of them. I can also pull of ties really well and I cannot leave the house without having polished shoes. If eyes are the windows to the souls then shoes indicate the path you will take in life.
Moral of the posting: admit your vanity and have clean shoes.

No comments: