2.11.08

Short Stories: Mario

One night at a bar I got talking to my friend Mario’s friend Mario. He used to work for a large foreign company in Limassol but now is unemployed.‘But why?’ I asked. ‘Because the company I worked for’ he explained has made an agreement with the other big two companies in Limassol, never to hire any of each other’s staff. So if I wanted to go to their rival company I can’t as they don’t hire their rivals staff.’‘But why?’ I asked again. ‘Because you can give information or be a spy. It’s like when you change girlfriends. Won’t you talk about your ex to your new girlfriend?’‘I don’t know’ I began ‘generally, we don’t talk much. And when I do, it’s either in a foreign language or on msn. Or it never lasts. I’m better with technology.’‘Is that what your ex said when she dumped you?’ asked my friend’s Mario friend Mario.‘I’m not surprised no one is hiring you’ I said ‘with an agreement or without’.‘It’s okay. I’m moving to Switzerland’ he went on.‘Well that’s all the Swiss need. Another banker wanker!’
____________________________________

BabyBusiness Tips

The difference between businessmen and other people; is that businessmen actually believe the world revolves around them. And if it doesn’t revolve around them, then they make it revolve around them.

No comments: