5.8.08

Single: Part 1

I just read another article about why it’s depressing being single. I feel depressed now. But, until I read the article I was fine. Ok, maybe it’s because I’m swamped with work before the holidays but still, I have secretly been enjoying being single. How do I know this? Because I haven’t’ wanted to date. And if you read below, the dates I was about to go on, I couldn’t have cared less about them. In the mean time, I’ve been working, reading, chilling under the sun (true despite sounding like an oxymoron) shopping and generally being single and cool (in the heat. Another uncanny oxymoron).

Yes being single can be horrendous, and incredibly frustrating if you’re a man. But after two and a half failed relationships in the first half of 2008, countless dates, unanswered phone calls, stalking expeditions, horrendous amounts of money spent on clothes and beauty treatments, blind dates, secret dates, dates where I wish were kept secret, mistaken identities, stolen identities etc, etc, etc… I have not succumbed to being single. I am merely too tired not wanting to be single. Even if I am clubbing and you want to give me your number, I’m too tired to punch the number onto my phone. Even if you write it in whipped cream across your chest… sorry it’s 11.30… off to bed! Alone. Thanks for the offer.

And you know what. Sex and the City the Movie says the opposite. Unless you’re Samantha (the exception to the rule) the other three cannot be happy without a man, or a bunny (not the one that eats carrots). And women buy into this. And then THEY call themselves a feminist. It’s totally anti-femenist, and they don’t even see it. Even I am more feminist than they are and secretly I’m a misogynist. I hate women! There is so much pressure, from movies or elsewhere to ‘not be single’ that any relationship should do and that it’s miserable being single. True, it can be. But what’s the alternative? To get into a relationship with just anyone so you won’t be single? It’s a label. Like designer clothes. This is Gucci. This is in a relationship. THIS IS A LOAD OF CRAP PEOPLE!

But as I said. I’ just too tired to date. And I don’t care.
Which is why I don’t hate the player, but I’m just too tired with the game. And right now, it’s time out in my dugout for me. Correction, time out in a spa and/or bath, with a bottle of Moet and chocolate truffles. For one.

No comments: