4.8.08

A date in a parking?


I was about to go out on a date. Now this girl, cancelled on me once before. Ok she didn’t exactly cancel, but she didn’t ring to confirm the arrangements I made, and I didn’t ring back. The next time we spoke I put the ball in her court. It turns out that it was more like a ball and chain for her. She couldn’t make a decision but told me she wanted me to pick her up from the Carrefour parking so we can go together. I tried to look at the bright side, that it could have been Lidl instead of Carrefour, but that’s only the bright sie by default, as there is no Lidl in Cyprus (if only it was Ikea).

So she wanted me to get her from the Carrefour parking as we can go to the café together. You’d all agree that that is a little odd. Anyway. She called back saying that she was going to see friends, then go back home then to Breeze, and so she wouldn’t have had time to meet up that night. Fine. So I let her make all the decisions and told her that if she wanted to meet she could call me. She didn’t call. And I’m glad. You know why? Because she is not ready to date. I don’t know if there is such as thing as ready to date, you just go on one. It’s not like you’re being asked to go on a frigging rollercoaster now is it? Although I can see why some would rather go on a rollercoaster ride than on a date with me. Some say I’m too much. I say: they need bigger mouths

No comments: