27.5.08

Millionaire2B vs. BabyBusinessMan



When I was a kid, all I wanted was a twin. I imagined it would be so cool, to have two of me. Imagine the pranks we could play, imagine the fun we’d have and the compliments. Except that I didn’t have a sibling, until I was almost six. Not that I am complaining. In the end it turned out that my brother was Mini-Me and I was Dr. Evil (according to me parent’s anyway).

But now, ironically, my brother and I look alike. Not that I think so. I think we are chalk and cheese, but generally people not only think we are twins, but that we are in fact the same person. I was in a bar when this girl approached me. Which hardly ever happens, usually I approach them! ‘I saw you on Makarios avenue,’ she said. ‘You did? When?’ I said flattered that someone finally noticed how hot I am. ‘On Tuesday’ she replied. ‘Are you sure it was Tuesday? I never go on the Avenue on a Tuesday. I was there on Wednesday.’ ‘Definitely Tuesday’ she insisted. ‘Wait, Makarios Avenue Limassol or Makarios Avenue Nicosia?’ ‘Limassol’ she replied. ‘That was my brother. His name is Millionaire2B. I’m BabyBusinessMan’ I responded. She seemed disheartened. I felt upset. Was I not so hot? And what was so special about Millionaire2B. It’s not like he won the lottery and became a millionaire.

This happened a few times. People mistaking me for Millionaire2B. But then there was a ray of light! I was talking to another girl which said that I went to return a shirt I bought from a shop she ran, that I never heard of… called Louis Cruises, or what it Vuitton? Anyway… I never return things because a) I usually order from Amazon or eBay or b) if I buy, I can never be bothered to exchange thing. Oh the hassle! And although this shop was expensive and posh, as is Millionaire2B, I like to think I have better taste. I mean, the vintage outfits I used to find in Oxfam… amazing! And H&M is an fashion understatement!

No comments: