27.5.08

Cravings at Work


I totally got cravings at work today, partly because all I had for lunch was a frappe and all I had for breakfast was a cigarette. So around 3.30 I got crazy cravings, like a pregnant woman. So I had a grapefruit juice and the cheese pie. I didn’t get no satisfaction. So I went and bought €12.59 worth of chocolate, liquorice and M&Ms. And I still wasn’t satisfied. Now I know how the Rolling Stones felt.

Then I started daydreaming about what to eat at home, when I remembered that I had nothing in the fridge and would get take-away. Who can be bothered to park the car, walk to the deli or whatever it was you got food from (supermarket?) and get back in the car? Then again who can be bothered to cook? Especially for me, who is neurotic, never puts on weight, treats eating like a chore and would much rather than a glass of wine and ciggy over a five course meal. My poor Mum, how she despairs when I prefer a Mars Bar or vodka to her cooking. Plus, my fantasy of a chilled glass of dry white wine quickly dissipated when I remember that I had to clean up the two cockroaches I killed this morning. Maybe I can have them for dinner?

Except I can’t… I only eat Kosher.

No comments: