27.5.08

Gossiping on Yahoo


Why is it whenever I log onto the internet to do some research at work, I always get sidetracked by useless information.

Today I needed to do some research on some shareholders of a particular company. Eager to get on with it, I somehow fell prey to the glitzy but unnecessary ‘news bulletins’ on yahoo. Today I was attracted to an article on ‘the world’s most expensive home’ and the ‘world’s first billion-dollar home.’

Who could resist not wanting to read an article that made ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous’ look like ‘Prison Break’?

And although I was fascinated to read about this grandiose cottage in Mumbai, India, I realised that my addiction to pointless news and gossip had spiralled out of control. Instead of concentrating on stocks and shares, I was thinking about who lives where. But that's not all. I have completely gone overboard with the amount of pointless articles I read on the net...

Here is a sample of some of the articles that have captivated me:
· Why America hates Jessica Simpson
· 10 signs that your spouse is cheating on you (and I’m single at the moment!)
· P. Diddy and Gucci
· Photos from Mars
· Paula Abdul and her dog on Total Request Live (we don’t even get that show here!)
· Something about an iPhone… or Wii...
· The Red Socks (and even after I read the article I still don’t know whether they are baseball or American football team)
· What Silvio Berlusconi has got up to now (at least this has a political flavour; except it turned out that he prefers good-looking women to ugly women. Who’d have guessed?)

All this while dreaming of becoming the CEO of a major company.
At least I am CEO of my own blog.

Below is the link for the Billion-dollar-home article.
In the end I didn’t read it. I got distracted by an article about Britney Spears eating at Nobu. And then about what sunglasses are in for the summer. And then about what sunglasses Britney is wearing this summer… it’s a slippery slope…

No comments: