25.2.09

Carnival and the City



It's carnival time soon, in Limassol, and people are going to dress up. When I first met Cake we were at Halloween and I was dressed as a soldier, ad looked good too and she was dressed as a vampire with blood all over her face. In fast she looked so good that I didn’t recognise her the next time we met on the way to Uni. Our friend Laverne dressed up as a nerd and had all these stupid and useless facts like who invented the light bulb. Answer: Benjamin Franklin.

I think that what you dress up as says a lot about you. In the case of Cake as a vampire well she obviously wanted to devour all the cakes and more. Laverne and her nerd outfit? Im sure Freud would agree that she wants to be seen as smart. More like a smart-ass!

My friend Party-Animal went last week to a party dressed as an elephant. Does he want to tell us that he never forgets? Now he wants to change. I told him to go as a Womanizer and wear gold shoes with white clothes. He just said hmmmmmmm maybe he forgot what I told him.

This year I am going for the third time as a devil. I was a devil at Halloween 02, Carnival 08 and this year. But of course I always have variations. 02-devil was dressed in black. 08-devil wore a t-shirt saying Prada and 09-devil will feature a tail that took me two hours to make, an open red shirt and a bow-tie and to top it all off and look totally ridiculous, I will wear boxing boots! So its totally trashy. Oh yeah and Im totally smearing my face with boot polish! Hahahahaha! Loves it! This friend of mine was like 'you always go as a devil'. And I was like 'yeah, it's the only thing that suits me!'

So this same friend who is always moaning, well I asked him what he will dress up as and he wants to go as a toilet. Is his outfit made of porcelain? Does it include the smell? I wonder what that means, you know, dressing up as a loo? Low self-worth perhaps? Maybe he smells? But it turns out he cant be bothered. Lets just hope he can be bothered to flush at least!

No comments: