29.9.09

Are the Coffee-Beaners hotter than the coffee they serve?


Is it me or does Coffee Beanery in Nicosia hire the best/best looking staff? I was there the other day ordering one of those sickly-sweet coffees in a mug the size of a bucket and well – I realized the staff was beautiful and extremely helpful. Does Coffee Beanery go and find its staff in a modeling agency… in Brazil? Or Sweden? Are they trained in Paris? I have to admit that the service was excellent. And the looks… phew! Actually when I say I’d like a cup of coffee I mean I’d like you in it too.

Also good service is Gloria Jeans, which is a more hip place to people watch and drink coffee. The people there too are friendly, and very American-esque, and serve coffee with a smile which I like. But we don’t support Gloria Jeans as a company due to the company is anti….

My favourite coffee place has to be Flo. Especially the one in Stasikratous. The one in Ledra is swarming with tourists and I just can’t deal with that when I want to relax and read my book. Starbucks is filled with kids. Costa is filled with 40-year olds thinking they are kids but I do like the one near the uni, as its near to my house and filled with students who are always fun and the people that run it also get a gold star for service. But I miss those independent coffee houses where people know your name (like Cheers) and are not mass produced. You’d think that Cyprus that guzzles hundreds of gallons of coffee a day would realize that but surprisingly we haven’t. Coffee anyone?


PS... the next post will be the 300th!

No comments: