21.7.12

Lenny Kravitz at Paleo


The Paleo festival has finally come to Geneva, or should I say Nyon.I can't say I was always a fan of festivals; having associated them with people who like to slide around in mud, wear cheap straw hats and dance as if they were intentionally trying to be bad dancers. I'm much more a 'sipping gin&tonic by the lake on a veranda' than wearing khakis and walking around dirt in sandals. However, after seeing the Gossip at the Caribana, really enjoying it; I decided to put down the gin&tonic, leave the veranda, put my Khakis on (from the Gap at least) and make my way with VeryBusy to Paleo.

Now, VeryBusy had bought tickets to see the Cure and Lenny Kravitz months ago and had completely forgotten about them. So it was with a hint of slumber that I went to the festival. The first night we saw the Cure, who were true rockers but other than Friday, (or as I referred to it, 'the Monday,Tuesday song') I knew none of them. Then having not done my research, I missed seeing Natacha Atlas, missed getting tickets for Sting or for Garbage. So I was determined to have fun seeing Lenny Kravitz two night later.

I cannot say I was disappointed. Lenny, who I think was high as a kite when performing put on a great show, knowing how to play up to the audience, and at 48, looks even better than he did when he first started. What surprised me though was that I didn't realize what a fan I was until I had seen him live. Kravitz has been around since I was a kid that I was never really aware that I was humming to his songs all these years (others than Fly Away, which he closed the show with, and American Women which is one of my favourites). 

No comments: