5.11.09

One of those annoying people on facebook


I hate these people who add people on Facebook in order to have more friends. Recently a stranger added me (though we had a mutual friend) and I though ‘why not’ and pressed accept. However, there were no photos of himself, no ‘wall’ to write on, all in all… no information. I though facebook was a place for friends. Well if you want to be my friend then show me who you are. To no avail. After asking who he was written in a manner of ‘have we met before?’ there was no reply and so I sent a message saying that I would delete him and wished him the ‘best of luck with all his endeavors on facebook.’ So as you can see, I hate people who add friends to show the world that they have friends.
Nevertheless, due to professional commitments I joined LinkedIn, which is, let’s face it, a professional facebook/resume/CV. Instead of uploading your holiday pics you upload what you have worked on. And instead of braggin about how many friends you have, you brag about your professional contacts and who you know (and who can do you favours). I have become the annoying LinkedIn guy who wants as many connections (LinkedIn-speak for ‘friends’) as possible. How did this happen? Because whereas I have friends in reality who are on facebook, I don’t have that many professional connections. I am after all a BabyBusinessMan, so what do you expect?

No comments: